About Yiu San Ho (aka: this blog’s owner):
Yiu San served as Director, Manager, Principal Consultant, Team Lead, and Subject Matter Expert on infrastructure and Microsoft related technologies. Managed, lead, and conducted more than 100+ IT implementation projects, including small, mid, government agencies, higher education, and fortune 500 firms.
During Yiu San’s career, he’s served in various positions, some highlights include:
– Lead the development of 2 different Software-As-A-Services (SAAS) operations at Au2m8 and Phase 2 International.
– Vice-President and Managing Director at Au2m8, a Los Angeles-based software company specializes in Legal SAAS Document Management System, where he is responsible for technical operations and application development.
– Served as SharePoint Subject Matter Expect (SME) for major consulting firm such as Consultant at PricewaterhouseCoopers and Bearingpoint (KPMG Consulting) where he provided consulting services for Fortune 500 clients. Beside Fortune 500, also managed and architected more than 100+ SharePoint (MOSS) implementation projects small and mid=size businesses, government agencies, and higher education
– Director at iSystems Technologies & Solutions (ITS), a Los Angeles-based information technology consulting and financial firm, where he is responsible for sales, operations, and administration. At ITS, Yiu San was also Managing Director for ITS’ telecom and consulting subsidiaries where he oversaw the operations of each company subsidiary.
– Managing Director at Phase 2 International, a Honolulu-based information technology and business consulting firm where he was responsible for sales, operations, and administration. Under Yiu San’s management, Phase 2 International excelled in its ranks to become Hawaii’s top 21st IT consulting firm and top 16th software development firm within 1 year of Yiu San assuming a lead management role. Additionally, Yiu San was integral in growing Phase 2 International’s net revenue by 500% in the first year alone and by an additional 160% in his second year. In year 2, Phase 2 International was acquired as a result of its operational success under Yiu San’s management style, which emphasizes accelerating top-line growth and improving financial performance.
– Chief Information Officer (CIO) and Managing Director at Phase 2 Advertising (one of Phase 2 International’s holding companies), where he was integral in creating the only digital billboard network in the state of Hawaii
– Operation Manager at KSG Systems/Stockholm Consulting Group, a European IT consulting firm
– Principal Consultant at Digital Technology Group, which specializes in computer hardware and software for the government sector.
– IT Manager at major international engineering firms and government agencies.
A list of my technology experience and skills sets
— Enterprise Architect – 8 years
— Application Development – 6 years
— CRM Design and Implementation – 4 Years
— ERP Design and Implementation – 2 Years
— Microsoft SPLA Agreement (Microsoft SAAS) – 6 years
— Microsoft Partnership Management (Gold Certified Partner) – 6 Years
— Software as a Service (SAAS) – 6 Years
— Infrastructure Architecture – 8 Years
— Network security: Security design and deployment for small businesses, mid-size businesses, enterprise, government, and e-Commerce – 11 Years
— LAN/WAN administration and operation – 11 Years
— Remote and WAN Solution: Remote Access Server, Site-to-Site, VPN, Dial-up solutions – 11 Years
— Business and Systems Integration – 6 Years
— Voice Over IP: Open Sources Asterisk PBX solution – 6 Years
— Enterprise Portals (intranet and extranet), SharePoint – 8 Years
— Disaster Recovery – 8 Years
— Content Management System Design and Implementation – 8 Years
— Data Warehousing – 3 Years
— IT and Business Process Reengineering, Mapping, Workflow, and Process Automation Solutions – 6 Years
— Business System Solution Design- 3 Years
— Comprehensive understanding of Microsoft product line, range from MS Dynamics business product to server technologies – 11 Years
— Microsoft’s base operating system and technology: – 11 Years
— MS-DOS, Windows 95/98/ME, Windows NT 4 workstation/server, Windows 2000 Pro/Server/Advances Server, Windows XP, Windows 2003 Servers/Enterprise, Windows 2003 Small Business Server, Windows XP Tablet
— Dynamics business product, MS CRM, Exchange MS SQL, ISA, SharePoint, IIS, Active Directory
— Portals Technology: Microsoft SharePoint
— CRM Technology Microsoft CRM 4.0
— Dynamic GL 2009 (Great Plain)
— System Center (MOM/SCOM)
— Software as a Service (SAAS)
— System Center Protection Manager (DPM/SCDPM)
— MS Virtual Server 2005 / Hyper-V
— Terminal Server / Remote Desktop Services
— Excel Services / Form Services / Infopath
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY CERTIFICATIONS
— Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) in Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007
— Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) in Microsoft Proxy Server 2.0 – Year 2000
— Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) in Microsoft Windows 2000 Server
— Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) in Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional
— Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) in Microsoft Windows 2000 Directory Services
— Computer Network Technician by Computer Technology Industry Association (Network+)
— Computer Service Technician by Computer Technology Industry Association (A+)
— Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) – Year 2000
— Cisco Certified Design Associate (CCDA) – Year 2000